LOUDON, N.H. (Sept. 14, 2007) – Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge Avenger, broke his four-race streak of qualifying fourth, but he still had a good run on Friday at New Hampshire International Speedway.
Newman, who went out 35th in the qualifying session, put the Mobil 1 Dodge in the fifth position for Sunday's Sylvania 300.
"The car was good," Newman said after climbing from his car on pit road. "We picked up some time from practice. We've got a good car for Sunday, which is great considering I don't think we'll get a lot of practice in tomorrow."
Saturday's weather forecast for Loudon calls for a high of 63 degrees and an 80 percent chance of rain until late afternoon.
Sunday's Sylvania 300 will be covered live by ABC and MRN Radio beginning at 1 p.m. EDT.
Line-up for the Sylvania 300:
1. Clint Bowyer, No. 07 Jack Daniel's Chevrolet
2. Martin Truex, Jr., No. 1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet
3. Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge
4. Jimmie Johnson, No. 48 Lowe's Chevrolet
5. Ryan Newman, No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge