Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pole Position Records????


Thanks to "RaceFan57" for kind of posing this question to me. What kind of records are there for winning Pole Positions?

I don't know. But I am now very curious and have been searching ALL OVER with no luck.

If anyone knows where to look, please let me know. I would like to find the "all time" pole winners and see what kind of numbers they have. And then, of course, compare them to "Rocket-Man" Ryan Newman's now 42 pole positions thanks to his efforts at Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend.

I am sure that Newman is not close to any kind of records, but still would be fun to find one more statistic.

Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know!!

According to NASCAR.com Ryan Newman has set 3 qualifying CUP records. He set them at -

CUP
FONTANA Ryan Newman 187.432 - 2002
BRISTOL Ryan Newman 128.709 - 2003
Michigan Ryan Newman 194.232 - 2005

BUSCH
Atlanta Ryan Newman 191.661 - 2001
DARLINGTON Ryan Newman 170.301 - 2001
Chicago Ryan Newman 181.886 - 2001

Other sources have him having MORE qualifying records. I am currently updating my information to reflect that. For instance, I think FOX has Newman with about 6 CUP qualifying records.

But this is a general idea.

Also, more impoirtantly, from what I have seen, Newman has NO race records. Oh well.

Mike

No comments: