Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ryan Newman's Dodge Race Quote - Lowe's

RYAN NEWMAN (No. 12 alltel Dodge Charger)

“We blew a left rear tire out. I couldn’t tell if it felt a little spongy before, but obviously the car was plenty fast. It was a great Alltel Dodge today, just unfortunate. We were running away from them after Gordon’s little slip up there on the restart. I think he vapor locked or something.

“We ended up blowing a left rear tire. It blew a left rear and spun around. I felt it pop and it spun around and hit the wall. We tried to complete some more laps after that but that was it.”

TELL US ABOUT THE MOVE THAT PUT YOU IN THE LEAD. “I went around the outside of the No. 07 and the door opened up when the No. 24 and the No. 5 checked up on the bottom. It was a great coincidence for me, but unfortunately the left rear tire blew out after that.”

DID IT LOOK LIKE JEFF GORDON JUST DIDN’T TIME IT RIGHT? “No, I think he vapor locked from sitting there where the carburetor got too hot. I doubt he missed his shift. It was a good situation for us that turned bad about two laps later.”

No comments: