Wednesday, May 23, 2007

All-star race sets ratings record for Speed

Speed officials said last Saturday's broadcast of the NASCAR Nextel All-Star Challenge at Lowe's Motor Speedway earned the highest rating in the network's history.

The all-star event had a rating of 3.53, a 7 percent increase over the 3.30 for last year's race, which was carried on the cable network FX.

The rating represented Speed's highest rating ever, topping previous mark of 2.1 for the 2005 Craftsman Truck Series race from Daytona.

Speed, which is now available in more than 75 million homes, said the event averaged 2.48 million households.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krista Voda sure started things off right...vroom!

Charlie Turner said...

Mike looks like putting the All Star on Seed was a great move for Speed and NASCAR.

This is a great site, man. I am embarassed that this is my first visit. Thanks for commenting over at Bench Racing and for the link. I now have you in our blogroll.

BTW we were scheduled to have Ryan on the ON PIT ROW show last night but a schedule change came up at the last minute . He is re-scheduled for Tuesday June 5 at 6:30 pm. We'll be updating this if anything changes.

Thanks again.

Racefan57 said...

Speed should have a talk with local cable providers on the premise that it be included with premium packages... we have a big cable package but Speed is an add-on

MIKE said...

That was a great way to start things off and it does seem SPEED made great move by getting the Challenge. But I still think it should be on a "normal" channel on a Saturday night to try and lure non-fans in.

Racefan-I totally agree. When I lived in Northern Michigan SPEED was included. Then I moved down to Lansing and I had to pay extra.

To tell you the truth, I did not sign up for the "extra sports tier" until Friday night before the race. Now, once again I watch quite a bit of speed.