Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dodge Qualifying Quotes from Michigan

RYAN NEWMAN (No. 12 alltel Dodge Charger)
“The alltel Dodge was good with the race laps we ran in practice, and I’m just looking forward to the race. It’s nice to start up front to get a good pit selection. I like this track a lot. It’s a fun racetrack. It’s not real hard to drive. It’s a lot more fun to race than it is to qualify because of how wide it is. You can draft down the straightaways and have fun in the corners. I just look forward to the race on Sunday. We’ve got a good alltel Dodge.

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger)
“I think the racetrack is all right. An early draw probably isn’t the best thing today but Biffle went fifth tenths quicker than we did, so it’s working for him. They’re pretty quick. We’re all right. The car is driving decent. We’ll keep working on it and hopefully have a good racecar for Sunday. I’m looking forward to it. We won this race last year, so it would be nice to run up front again this weekend.”

KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger)
“It was a pretty good lap for the Miller Lite Dodge. We had everything in the car we needed. We made the right adjustments. The track temperature was just a little bit warm. That made it a little tight in turn four. I think the track will stay consistent for everybody and we should see the fastest car sit on the pole today. I heard (Kyle Busch) ran a good time, and I thought we had it in our car. We just didn’t get through turn four as clean as we needed to. We were just a little bit on the tight side. We’re happy with that. I don’t know where we’ll end up, but we should be able to see the front.”

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA (No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Charger)
“The first lap was OK. The second lap was a lot better, but the second lap is normally slower. We ran about the same speed we ran in practice. I think there’s a lot more in the car.”

REED SORENSON (No. 41 Target Dodge Charger)
“It felt really good. We just weren’t as fast as we were in practice. This is a brand new car. We were in race trim for a little bit this morning, and it felt really good. We should be fine. I thought we were a lot faster. I was really surprised it wasn’t.”

SCOTT RIGGS (No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger)
“I’m pretty happy. A lot of guys seem to be slowing down, but we picked up. I’m glad we took our time and made the right decisions. It’s nerve-racking every Friday. You’ve got to make sure you get in the show, and it sort of puts you behind in your race preparation. You miss that because you’re so focused on going fast for two laps.”

JOHN ANDRETTI (No. 45 American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge Charger)
“We made some changes and we were better. It was just like another day of practice. I think we did something that if I’d had more experience maybe I wouldn’t have done. The guys did a great job. We’ll start from wherever we start and go from there. Qualifying is one thing and racing is another. I’ll feel good about the car on Sunday by then for sure.”

DAVID STREMME (No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Charger)
“I just tried to hit my marks and get through one and two the best I could. The guys did a great job and gave me a great car. Now I’ve got to get to Kentucky for the Busch race tonight.”

BOBBY LABONTE (No. 43 Cheerios/Dodge Charger)
“We worked all day getting the car to turn. Obviously we’ve still got some work left to do, but I think we’ll be in good shape Sunday.”

ELLIOTT SADLER (No.19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger)
“We’ve got some work to do on our Dodge Charger to get it ready for Sunday, but I’m confident our guys will get this car where it needs to be. This is a big track where you have lots of room to pass, so we’ll use that to our advantage on Sunday to work our way up through the field.”

No comments: