Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ryan Newman Off To Rough Start in 2007

April 5, 2007
I was hoping for a better season opener for Ryan Newman and the #12 Alltel Dodge Team than I have seen so far. He has an average finish fo 22.3. NASCAR.COM Has Newman listed in 20th (tied for 19th in points) position. Out of the list of 54 drivrs with points (Michael Waltrip being 54th with -27) this put Newman well above half of the other drivers. But in a field of 43, he is But in a field of 43, he is below half and that is how it needs to be thought of

Ryan Newman is not far behind his career average position of 16.8. This average really isn't that bad. Other averages include - Earnhardt JR - 16.1, Dale Jarrett - 16.7, Jeff Gordon - 16.8, Johnson 12.1, Martin - 13.2 and Stewart 12.5. His average is well below some of the top NASCAR drivers, but he is right along side of some of the other top drivers as well. After not making the Chase last year and really having a "bad" year all around, I was really hopping to see more from the Alltel Dodge team this year.

Newman did have a good run last week in Martinsville and it looked like he was going to get a top 5 finish. He ended up in 14th and with all things considered that was a good finish. I had told my girlfriend that if he did better than 15th I would be happy. I find myself "hoping" alot with Newman. "I hope he doesn't crash this weekend". Or "I hope he doesn't blow and engine". Or "I hope he finishes "decently"". I am ready for Newman to step up and get the job done.

Lets see some more POLES and ROCKETS. Get those afterburners going Newman. We don't want you to be playing "catch up" all season."


Mike Pratt

No comments: