Racing series NASCAR-CUP
* Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 12 Alltel , will make his eighth Cup start at Texas Motor Speedway. It will be Newman's 195th start in the Cup Series.
* Newman has an average start of 19 at TMS and won the Bud Pole for both races in 2005. He has one other top-five start at the 1.5-mile track.
* Newman has one win at the Fort Worth, Texas, track -- his only top-10 finish at TMS -- in March 2003. His average finish at Texas is 27.85 with five finishes of 25th or below.
* Crew chief Mike Nelson and the No. 12 Alltel Dodge Charger team will take chassis PRS-071 to this weekend's Samsung 500 at TMS. This is the same car Newman drove at Las Vegas and Atlanta earlier this year. Newman earned his first top-10 at Vegas since March 2005 and won the Bud Pole at Atlanta.
* The backup car for Texas is PRS-076. This car has not been at the track this year.
Newman on Texas Motor Speedway: "We did really well at the intermediate tracks at the beginning of the season. We had good runs in California and Las Vegas and won the pole in Atlanta. I'm looking forward to getting back in the at Texas and seeing what else we can do at these (intermediate) tracks. Two years ago, we were able to earn both poles at the Texas races and I think we can do that again. We've got the same car from Atlanta and we've had time to tweak it and we think it'll be really good this weekend as well."